Strange Error Executing a map
Mike
2008-01-29 11:36:01 UTC

We have got a strange error executing a map that I havent seen before. Some
key information about this is as follows:

1. The map is executed within an orchestration

2. We have only seen this happen in one testing environment

3. The error only happens occasionally and seemingly with no pattern

4. Generally the orchestration seems to execute fine without a problem

The error details are below:

Exception Details:
Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.XTransformationFailureException:
Error encountered while executing the transform
Acme.Integration.Maps.MyCustomMap.

Error:Unable to create the transform.. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException:
Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\BizTalkServiceUser\Local
Settings\Temp\0cpkyj5f.dll'.

File name: 'C:\Documents and Settings\BizTalkServiceUser\Local
Settings\Temp\0cpkyj5f.dll'

As you can see the problem seems to be related to this temp file. My key
suspicion at this stage is that I have found out that the environment which
this happens on has McAffee anti virus installed on the BizTalk Servers, but
other test environments do not have AV on them.

Ive stopped the AV on the environment where we have the problem to see if we
can recreate it under these conditions, but I was wondering if anyone has
seen this problem before as none of our guys have.

Cheers for any help
Mike
Mike
2008-01-29 11:56:05 UTC
Addiotional info that i forgot to add abive

Its not always the same map each time the problem happens, the orchestration
has a decide shape with a different map on each branch. Both generally work
fine, but have had instances where the problem has occured
Mihai Dan
2008-01-29 16:18:01 UTC
If your maps use Scripting Functoids then their code is compiled, saved (as
temporary assembly) and then executed at the runtime. There is where the
temporary dlls come in place. If your system, for whatever reason (including
an AV activity) denies the Xlang engine access to them then, indeed, you’ll
get a transform error.

Mihai Dan
Hi,
Mike
Chuck
2008-01-29 16:24:08 UTC
[...]

The file in question is the dynamically generated assembly containing
the compiled XSLT transformation for the map. In the past I have seen
failures of this type when the service user does not have full rights
to the temp folder.

It is also entirely possible that AV is interfering with the process,
as we are talking about a dynamically generated piece of compiled
code, a ripe target to be snuffed out by AV.

I would think about obtaining Sysinternals Filemon and running with a
filter of 'C:\Documents and Settings\BizTalkServiceUser\Local
Settings\Temp\" while testing your map/orchestration. It will tell you definitively what is going on with the file.
Chuck
Mike
2008-01-29 16:52:31 UTC
cheers guys will look into this and let you know how i get on